RE/MAX LifeStyles Realty will help minimize, as much as we can, the exposure to and spread of infection in the workplace. We expect any Agents or Assistants who may have been potentially exposed by an infected family member or others with whom they have been in contact, or who have contracted the flu/cold to stay home and seek appropriate medical attention as necessary. It is the expectation of RE/MAX LifeStyles Realty that any Staff person, Agent or Assistant will notify Management if they believe they have been potentially exposed or if they have developed any flu-like illness.
Both RE/MAX LifeStyles as well as outside authorities may use their discretion to restrict office access to Agents, their Assistants and Staff until cleared by their Doctor, or until they have completed the required time frame for self-quarantined recommendation by the Government.
Agents are advised to avoid work in person with any client if the Agent is displaying any symptoms of fever, cough, sore throat, or sneezing until they can confirm if it is COVID -19 or another related flu. Staff, Agents and Assistants should keep in mind when leaving Canada that if Government restrictions are imposed on travel, all Agents and Assistants will be required to self- quarantine based on updated instruction from the Government of Canada.
Personal Protection and Office Maintenance
All office common areas will be equipped with hand sanitizers, disinfectant sprays/wipes for Staff, Agent's and Assistant's use in the common areas.
Office common areas will be wiped down by employees every morning and afternoon, Agent's and Assistants are expected to keep hands cleaned/sanitized, and are responsible for cleaning areas touched directly by them. It is recommended for your health to sanitize common areas both before and after usage.How We Will Keep Transmission Low; What the New Normal Means for You and RE/MAX LifeStyles Realty
All office reception areas will have plexi-glass barriers. Agents and Assistants are expected to respect the barriers and not enter the staff space behind the plexi-glass.
Coughing Sneezing Runny nose Sore throat Fatigue No Handshaking or hugs outside of your family Good hygiene, including: Regular hand washing Avoiding touching your face Covering coughs and sneezes with your elbow Disinfect frequently touched surfaces, including vehicles Keep physical distancing, as much as possible when in the community and where not possible, consider using a non-medical mask or face covering.In personal settings when you’re seeing friends and family who don’t live with you: Only get together in small groups of around 2 to 6 people and keep a physical distance or as per government guidelines Stay home and away from others if you have cold or flu symptoms If you are at greater risk (over the age of 60 or with underlying medical conditions),Federal and Provincial LinksGovernment of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.htmlGovernment of BC https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/homeBC Center for Disease Control http://www.bccdc.ca/BCREA - https://www.bcrea.bc.ca/practice-tips/covid-19-resources-for-realtors/RE/MAX LifeStyles Realty Covid 19 Safety Plan
- Offices will be supplied hand sanitizer, cleaning supplies
- High contact areas will be sanitized 2 x a day by staff
- Signs have been posted in all offices regarding WorkSafe BC Regulations
- Stay at home and keep a safe distance from family when you have cold or flu like symptoms,
RE/MAX LifeStyles Realty Communicable Disease Safety Plan will correspond with Government Protocols.Step 1 - Identified Risks
A walk through of all offices was done to decipher risks in common areas, areas with most traffic, employee's offices and main reception areas.
People entering the office:
Staff & Agent illness protocols have been defined in a new COMMUNICABLE DISEASE POLICY MANUAL.
Meetings and emails have been conducted stating no one is allowed in office if they have any symptoms as per office policies and government protocols.
Our offices are open, clients are able to enter the office through our front doors to be directed to reception for contact tracing, hand sanitizer and to connect them with their agent. The maximum amount of people allowed in reception area will be posted at front door of each location. The reception Staff to is monitor visitors.
Step 2 - Implementation
- Front Reception Area - 1 person behind plexi-glass at front desk, 3 clients in reception area
- Meeting Rooms - 4 people maximum
- Agent Offices
- Boardrooms and closing rooms must be booked in advance with reception. Agents must sanitize the rooms as per checklist before and after use if there are no staff available.
- Surfaces touched often will be cleaned 1x in morning and 1x before closing - signage is around offices stating if they touch coffee machines, copiers etc. agents are responsible to disinfect them before and after using.
Step 3 - Monitoring
- Staff will disinfect common space according to the checklist at each reception area.
- These areas will be cleaned 1x in the morning and 1x before closing.
- Cleaning supplies will be supplied for all staff
- Cleaning supplies are available at front reception and kitchen
- Signage has been placed in each office
- A visitor log will be kept at reception in each office to date of entry, name and contact info for each public visitor.
- Staff, Agents and Assistants have been advised and signs have been posted, that our offices will be closed to anyone displaying signs of the flu/virus. In addition, anyone who has chosen to travel outside of Canada, this will include any day trips to the US for things such as gas or packages, will be required to self-quarantine per Government protocols.
Step 4 - Plan - If an Agent, Staff or Assistant has a confirmed case of Covid-19 and has been in Office
- Management will update health and safety plans as Government Procedures change
- Any offices with potential exposure will be closed immediately for 14 days.
- Agents, Staff and Assistants that will have come into contact with that person will be notified immediately and asked to self-quarantine per Government regulations.
- Agents and Assistants will be required to contact their clients, friends and family who they have been in contact with since the date of potential exposure.
- Staff required to contact any outside businesses who were in office since the date of potential exposure
- Office(s) will be cleaned with Janitorial disinfect
- It is recommended that Agent should return to using "Safe Real Estate" methods and conduct business for those days with the assistance of digital technology (i.e. Zoom, docusign, phone calls, emails etc)
To our valued customers and real estate consumers,
We know this is a trying and stressful time for all of us in Canada. Things are changing almost hourly with government recommendations at the federal, provincial, and municipal levels.
At RE/MAX, we want to offer you stability and comfort knowing your real estate needs are still being met in a safe and responsible manner. On remax.ca, we continue to offer up-to-the-minute listings, accurate home estimates, and timely, valuable real estate news - especially important at this time.
Rest assured, while we remain open for business, our agents and brokers are taking all necessary precautions as recommended by the various health agencies and government.
- Our agents are limiting contact with the general public and will use alternative means of communication wherever possible such as texts, phone calls, and emails
- Any agents that feel unwell are instructed to self-isolate and not interact with the public
- Information around hand washing and sanitizing has been circulated with our agents and we are strongly encouraging them to follow all guidelines as outlined by public health officials to help keep themselves and their clients protected
- RE/MAX agents are committed to using technology to help safely deliver the best service possible.
The strength of our RE/MAX agents is knowing and being a part of your communities. We are all in this together and remain committed to keeping you and your loved ones safe.
To those who are already with our RE/MAX agents buying or selling a home, our agents are there for you and if necessary, will make arrangements with you if there are any concerns around illness or potential spread of the virus.
Nothing is more important right now than the health and safety of our colleagues, clients and fellow citizens across Canada.
Check our blog frequently for our updates on how this situation is impacting the real estate market, and we will continue to be here to answer your questions and serve your real estate needs.
Original Source: RE/MAX Western Canada
We are OPEN for business. Please bear with us while we adjust to a new way of doing business. Our in house 'Agent on Duty' program will begin again on August 1, 2021 per Step 3 re-opening requirements and protocols adjusting from WorksafeBC.
Call us at one of our 3 locations and we will connect you with your realtor or our property management agents